Contractors, like all business operations, require Building, Stock, Equipment, Crime, Business Interruption and Liability insurance at their own premises. This is easily handled under straightforward Contractor Insurance policies. The main difference for contractors is their off site exposure to loss. Whether it be their equipment and tools or investment in a new building, they are constructing or installing equipment in a customer’s building or home.
Construction or Contractor Insurance policies are designed for companies or individuals in the Construction Industry. Peake & McInnis LTD offers policies that can take care of repair and installation contractors, electrical contractors, plumbing contractors and even snow removal operators. So whether you operate Tignish to Souris or from Stratford to Stanhope, we have your Prince Edward Island Contractors Insurance solution. Peake & McInnis LTD is a proud member of the Construction Association of Prince Edward Island.
PEI Companies Need Contractors Insurance, Wherever Their Property May Be!
The following are commonly used to provide that:
- Tool Floater Rider – Contractors will often have major off premises exposure to loss of tools and equipment. Most commercial property policies limit coverage on the insured premises and the tool floater rider will extend coverage to off premises use of tools.
- Contractors Equipment Floater – This, like the tool floater, is designed to cover movable equipment that is owned, rented or leased by contractors such as cranes, loaders, road building machinery, air compressors and welders to name a few. The tool floater is usually limited to a maximum of $1,500 per item so this floater picks up the larger tools and equipment.
- Builders Risk Insurance – Standard commercial property policies are designed to insure the building, equipment and stock of owners of an on-going business. They are not intended to provide the range of coverages needed to properly insure buildings in the course of construction. Builders Risk policies are used to insure new building construction and provide coverage for the period of construction, or Course of Construction.
- Installation Floater Rider – This policy is designed for contractors who specialize in installation of machinery, equipment, renovations or minor building work. This floater describes property insured as that of the insured (the contractor) or the property of others, which the insured is legally liable for (customers) which is to be used in or incidental in the installation operations of the contractor.
More Optional Coverage’s on a Peake & McInnis LTD Contractor Insurance Policy can include:
- Group Accident
- Environmental Policy
- Equipment breakdown of contractor’s portable and self-propelled equipment
Your PEI Contractors Insurance Experts
Peake & McInnis LTD have been providing Islanders with the most current and comprehensive insurance policies, packages and rates on Prince Edward Island since 1912. We have the experience and perspective to provide an insurance solution for the novice or experienced buyer. Our competent and proficient staff are prepared to answer your questions and concerns with a sincere and personal approach.
Call us today for your quote 1-902-566-5534!Get a Quote